7 key things every student-athlete should know about fee-for-lesson arrangements:
- Student-athletes may be employed (e.g., fee for lessons) if they are paid the going hourly rate (Student-Athlete.co pays accordingly: Freshman – $35, Sophomore – $40, Junior – $45, Senior – $50)
- Institutional (university) facilities are not to be used (e.g., Student- Athlete.co will help to locate local parks, fields, and partner facilities for use)
- Student-athletes should avoid wearing school issued gear that includes the University or team logos (e.g., branded shorts, t-shirt, jerseys, hats)
- Instruction only occurs; no playing or competing during the lesson
- Documentation of sessions must be kept on file. (Student-Athlete.co keeps a record for all student-athletes).
- Compensation must be paid by the lesson recipient or family member (Student-Athlete.co facilitates this process to help all student-athletes remain eligible).
- If the lesson involves multiple trainees, the instruction provided must be similar to the instruction provided during a 1:1 lesson. (This process is also facilitated by Student-Athlete.co)
Student-athlete NIL opportunities could include, but are not limited to:
Lessons & Camps
Personal Content Creation
Social Media Posts
Student-athletes may not enter into a contract that:
Conflicts with any contract between the University and student-athlete
Conflicts with the University’s institutional contracts (e.g., Nike, Adidas, etc.)
Conflicts with official team activities (e.g., athletic and academic requirements)
Involves the exchange of property by the school (jerseys, equipment, etc.)
Utilizes the marks or logos of the University
Are an endorsement of alcohol, tobacco products, e-cigarettes or other type of nicotine device, anabolic steroids, sports betting, casino gambling, a firearm the student athlete cannot legally purchase, or a sexually related business
Student-Athlete.Co Onboarding Guide Shortlist
Student-Athlete Coach Conduct and Discipline (Professional Responsibility)
Coaches in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal rules, requirements, regulation and/or laws related to athletic training.
What happens if I have covid symptoms or was exposed to COVID yesterday or recently?
If you have COVID-19 symptoms/ exposure/receive a positive COVID test result, notify Student-Athlete.co leadership immediately and quarantine for the number of days designated by the CDC. We’ll handle rescheduling your client session.
As a Student-Athlete coach, am I in compliance with NCAA rules?
Absolutely! Our model is set up in a way that helps you adhere to your school’s compliance requirements while easing the burden that’s put on you!
Alcohol, Tobacco and Drugs
Consumption of alcohol is discouraged for any student-athlete of legal age and is not permitted during any official Student-Athlete.co event or representation.
The student-athlete is subject to year-round drug testing by NCAA and conference.
The student-athlete, as an employee of Student-Athlete.co, will have access to non-public information regarding their trainee clients. Student-athletes are expected not to disclose non-public information
Sound judgment and common sense are expected in the use of all social media. Obscene language and graphic images are prohibited.
Student-Athletes must receive written and documented consent from both the youth’s guardian and Student-athlete.co leadership before posting any images.
Minor Care Responsibilities
The Student-Athlete coach:
Communicates effectively and truthfully with client (youths and youths’ guardians).
Develops and maintains a relationship of trust and confidence with client (youth and guardian) and does not exploit the relationship for personal or financial gain.
Does not accept tips as it may jeopardize NCAA eligibility.
Does not engage in intimate or sexual activity with a client (youth and/or guardian).